Foxhunting in Connecticut and Rhode Island
The New Tanheath Hunt Line is 959 202 2050. Please check the line for updates on the day’s Hunt or other events
The Tunheath Hunt Club is an MFHA-registered drag Fox Hunt. Tanheath hunts territories in northeastern Connecticut and Rhode Island.
Explore the website to learn more about us, the sport of fox hunting, and the events we organize and participate in, including hunts, pleasure rides, and social events.
We welcome new friends to enjoy and share New England outdoors whether on foot or mounted on horseback.
No prior fox hunting experience necessary. We organize Intro to Foxhunting Clinic to introduce you to the sport and where you can brush up on your skills if you have hunted before elsewhere.
We strive to provide safe and enjoyable environment for riders of all levels, whether following our hounds and jumping or riding in our Tally-slow! field at a relaxed and comfortable pace.
We are serious about hunts but we also have fun. Our post-hunt tea is more like a multi-course meal than a snack and a warm beverage.
The Masters of Foxhounds Association of North America (MFHA) was formed in 1907 and is the governing body of organized mounted hunting with hounds in the United States and Canada. The MFHA currently recognizes 144 member hunts. The MHFA supports all aspects of Foxhunting; is an important advocate organization for Foxhunting. The twice yearly “Covertside” Magazine is full of beautiful stories and pictures about Foxhunting. A monthly newsletter provides information, the Monthly MFHA Newsletter with updates on member conservation efforts, recent breakthroughs in hound and horse health and more.
MFHA Goals and Purpose
- To promote, preserve and protect the sport of mounted hunting with hounds.
- Establish and maintain standards of conduct for mounted hunting with hounds.
- Register eligible foxhounds in the “Foxhound Stud Book” and improve the breed of foxhounds.
- Registration of hunts as a preliminary step toward recognition.
- Record countries and boundaries for organized hunting establishments.
- Recognition of organized hunts which have met MFHA standards.
The organization is headquartered in Middleburg, Virginia.