Tanheath Hunt Club
Thank you to all that attended and supported the Turkey Trot, we had a nice turnout despite the wind and biting cold
The Hunt at Greene scheduled for Sunday has been moved to Saturday due to rain on Sunday: Remember orange vests ride out at 10 AM
Foxhunting in Connecticut and Rhode Island
The Tanheath Hunt Club is an Masters of Foxhounds Association of North America (MFHA) registered drag Fox Hunt. Tanheath hunts territories in northeastern Connecticut and Rhode Island.
We welcome new friends to enjoy and share New England outdoors whether on foot or mounted on horseback.
No prior fox hunting experience necessary. We organize Intro to Foxhunting Clinics to introduce you to the sport and where you can brush up on your skills if you have hunted before elsewhere.
We strive to provide safe and enjoyable environment for riders of all levels, whether following our hounds and jumping or riding in our Tally-slow! field at a relaxed and comfortable pace.
We are serious about hunts but we also have fun. Our post-hunt tea is often a multi-course meal not just a snack and a warm beverage. Together with the New England ;
Goals and Purpose
The MFHA organization is headquartered in Middleburg, Virginia.
- To promote, preserve and protect the sport of mounted hunting with hounds.
- Establish and maintain standards of conduct for mounted hunting with hounds.
- Register eligible foxhounds in the “Foxhound Stud Book” and improve the breed of foxhounds.
- Registration of hunts as a preliminary step toward recognition.
- Record countries and boundaries for organized hunting establishments.
- Recognition of organized hunts which have met MFHA standards.